Alternative Certification for Educators Institute (ACE Institute)
- 100% Online
- No Entrance Exam
- 8-Week Courses
- Classes start in March, Jun, August, October or January
How do I Make a Smooth Transition Into a Teaching Career?
The Alternative Certification for Educators (ACE) Institute provides critical training in classroom management and pedagogy for career professionals transitioning into a teaching career.
If you currently hold a bachelor's or master's degree in a non-education field and are seeking alternative certification as an Oklahoma teacher in grades 5-12 through the Alternative Placement Program, the ACE Institute is for YOU!
Professional Education Requirements
The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OKSDE) requires individuals in the Alternative Placement Program to complete 3 hours of classroom management and 3 hours of pedagogy to fulfill minimum requirements.
Classroom Management (Must complete the following):
- EDUC 5283 - Teaching Methods
Pedagogy (Select one of the following):
- EDUC 5463 - Instructional Strategies
- EDUC 5633 - Cognitive Learning Styles
- EDUC 5683 - Brain-Based Learning
Students may complete additional professional education courses as required by the OKSDE.
When Can I Start?
Ensuring success in the classroom while having time for a career, you can complete the OKSDE minimum requirements of classroom management and pedagogy through the ACE Institute in just 16 weeks!
- These courses are offered 100% online and taught by experienced teachers in an 8-week format.
- Courses begin every March, June, August, October, and January.
Submit an application to the Graduate College now!
What is the Cost?
- Tuition and fees for the 6-18 credit hours: Approximately $2,100.00 - $6,350
- Tuition and fees for the M.Ed. Instructional Leadership: Approximately $12,500
Applicants must be approved by the Oklahoma State Dept. of Education to pursue certification through an alternative program to be considered for financial aid. NSU makes financial aid available to those seeking alternative teacher certification to satisfy the OKSDE as well as those seeking a master's degree. For more information about qualifying for financial aid for ACE Institute training, contact Financial Aid.
Can These Courses Be Applied to a Graduate Degree?
The professional education provided by the ACE Institute applies to the Master of Education in Instructional Leadership degree program. This program is designed for teachers like YOU! Get for more information on the M.Ed. Instructional Leadership.