Graduate College Checklist
Admission to Graduate College
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 overall, 2.75 GPA in last 60 hours of undergraduate, or entrance exam scores as designated in Graduate Catalog Student responsibility Graduate College check.
- Transcripts Student responsibility.
- TOEFL (for international student See International Student Graduate Application) Student responsibility.
- Notify Adviser (in letter of acceptance from Graduate College) for plan of study development
Admission to Graduate Program
- Entrance Examination Scores (prior to admission) Student responsibility Graduate College/Advisor check Scores must be sent to the Graduate College Office.
- GPA Advisor check.
- Prerequisites Advisor check.
- Additional program requirements (varies) Advisor check.
Plan of Study & Statement of Understanding
- Following program admission, a Plan of Study and Statement of Understanding must be submitted to the Graduate College for approval as soon as prerequisites are met Student & Adviser responsibility.
- Plan of Study approval notification Graduate College responsibility.
Admission to Candidacy
- Candidacy requirements vary by program.
- Check with your program advisor regarding specific candidacy requirements.
Thesis/Capstone Paper/Research Paper Submission
- Readers at least 60 days prior to end of semester Fall-October 1; Spring-March 1; Summer-June 1.
- Preliminary check by Graduate College Office before submission of final document between dates above and below.
- Graduate College Office 30 days prior to end of semester Fall November 1; Spring- April 1; Summer-July 1.
Semester Prior to Projected Final Semester
- Apply for Graduation Student Responsibility must be submitted the semester prior to projected final semester (Due dates: January 1 for spring; March 1 for summer, July 1 for fall semester).
- Student coursework must be completed within six years Student responsibility