Apply for Masters Graduation
- Meet with your adviser to review degree audit early during the last semester
- You must have 3.0 overall graduate grade point average for degree to be conferred
- Apply for graduation. (You can not apply using goNSU. You must be on this page to apply online.)
- After you have applied, you can then go to your goNSU student account/Graduation tab to assure your information is correct
- Details regarding Commencement Ceremony will be posted on the NSU Homepage approximately 30 days prior to the event
- Information regarding cap, gown, announcements, etc. should be directed to the NSU Bookstore. You may reach the bookstore at (918) 444-2510 for the Tahlequah location or (918) 449-6150 for the Broken Arrow location.
- Attend the Graduation Ceremony
- Diplomas will be available in the Office of the Registrar approximately 12 weeks after the conferral date of the degree, provided all requirements are met
Apply for Graduation
Select the term below you will complete all coursework. If a Google screen appears, you will need to enter your NSU email account and password. Select Organizational Google Apps Account. You will be given a screen to enter your NSU username and password. Upon completion of this information, the form will populate.
Honor Recognition of 4.0 GPA Graduate Students
- Honor recognition is represented by the wearing of a Metallic Gold and Green cord during Spring Commencement Ceremonies. Contact the NSU Bookstore to order--(918) 444-2510 in Tahlequah, or (918) 449-6150 in Broken Arrow.
- Degrees are conferred at the end of summer, fall and spring semesters. Students completing degree requirements at the end of the summer session may participate in the spring commencement ceremony.
- Apply for Graduation online.
- Students finishing in the Spring semester should make application for graduation by January 1, for Summer by March 1, and for Fall by August 1.
- Degrees are recorded on the student's transcripts. Diplomas will be mailed to the student approximately twelve weeks after the conferral date. If you do not receive your diploma, first check your online transcript to make sure your degree was conferred. If your transcript shows a conferral date, check to make sure you do not have any holds on your account as your diploma will not be mailed if you have holds. If your degree has been conferred and you do not have a hold, please contact the Office of the Registrar Please Note: All official communication regarding graduation and commencement will be sent to your NSU email account.
Final Deadline for Completing All Graduation Requirements
For the academic record (transcript) to indicate a degree completion during the semester for which the student applied, all paperwork must be in the Graduate College office prior to one week following the close of the semester. This paperwork includes:
- All grades, incomplete grades, and official transcripts of course work completed at other schools.
- Final approved research papers, projects, theses, and capstone experiences.
- Notifications of comprehensive examinations.
If all requirements are not met, the student must reapply for graduation for the semester all course work will be complete.
Information regarding the Commencement Ceremony will be posted on the Registrar website approximately 30 days prior to commencement dates. You may also view the NSU Calendar for additional information in advance.
Information regarding cap, gown, announcements, etc. should be directed to the NSU Bookstore at 918-444-2510 .
The Tahlequah campus offers a Spring and Fall commencement ceremony. The Broken Arrow campus offers only one commencement ceremony which is held in the Spring.
If you did not meet all requirements for graduation, you will receive an email via your NSU email account stating that you are deficient for graduation. You will need to check your degree audit and contact your adviser for assistance with determining what requirements are not met. You must then reapply for graduation for the future term in which the outstanding requirements will be met.